Below is information and knowledge on the topic patience with child quotes gather and compiled by the itt.tocdepvn.com team. Along with other related topics like: .
ational Quotes That Will Boost Your Parenting …
25 Inspirational Quotes That Will Boost Your Parenting Patience
Today I have gathered 25 awesome quotes from all over that are guaranteed to boost your parenting patience. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed collecting and “illustrating” them for you!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. Please see Disclosure for full details.
Over the years, friends and co-workers have often said to me, “You have so much patience with kids, Sue. How do you do it?” and I’ve never really had an answer, other than to be embarrassed and to mumble something like, “Well, I do lose it sometimes…just not too often I guess,” or something similar.
And it’s true – I DO lose my cool infrequently – but when I do – look out and run for cover. It ain’t pretty folks! (just ask my husband!)
But the truth is, it does take a lot for me to lose my patience and I don’t really know WHY.
What I do know is that when I’m feeling close to losing it myself, I often try to take a few steps back, breathe, and think of something INSPIRING to calm myself down and to help me look at the bigger picture.
That’s why I love to read great quotes!
When my brain is searching…desperately searching for any little reason to regain composure, or to extend my patience just that much further, words of wisdom often pop into my mind – either as warnings, or as inspiration.
And so I offer to you, 25 amazing quotes (including my contribution above!) that will inspire, make you laugh, and just maybe – will pop into your head the next time you feel like you’re about to lose your patience with the kids!
1. “Be the parent today that you want your kids to remember tomorrow.” ~Unknown
Probably the one that drives me the most to try to be a better, calmer, more patient parent.
2. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau
4. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” ~Saadi
5. “I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature.” ~Paulo Coehho
It took me a while to learn this one, but it applies to children perfectly. The less I try to control my son, exert my will over his, and demand obedience, the more cooperative, happy and relaxed we all are! Respect the fury of nature – and of nature’s children – so true!
7. “Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.” ~Saint Francis de Sales
I think I’m better at being patient with others than myself sometimes. Are you the same way? But when I’m feeling like a failure as a parent, or like I’m messing everything up, I just remind myself that I’m doing the best that I can with what I know right now. That’s all we can do after all, isn’t it?
8. “Who can occupy your patience when impatience roars through you? Your life is yours to live, no matter how you choose to live it. When you do not think about how you intend to live it, it lives you.” ~Gary Zukav
10. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” ~Napoleon Hill
11. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ~E.M. Forster
12. “Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures.” ~Joseph Addison
14. “Good character is not formed in a week or a month. It is created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed…” ~ Heraclitus
15. “When someone screams at me to hurry up, I slow down.” ~Mario Lemieux
Definitely seen this one firsthand with my son. This is the reason I’ve learned to start 45 minutes early to get ready to leave for daycare in the morning. Whenever I leave it too late, and I try to rush my son – that’s when I meet with resistance or meltdowns!
17. “This is how memories are made… by going with the flow.” ~Amanda Bynes
Yes – flow… and water – I love this analogy! Nothing can withstand the power of water. It is forever patient, persistent and strong, and can flow around obstacles easily.
18. “Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.” ~Guy Kawasaki
This one makes me giggle! Fake it until you make it right? Driving you crazy that the kids are taking forever to tie their shoes when you could do it in 10 seconds for them? But then, what would that accomplish. So put on an encouraging smile – but better make sure your toe isn’t tapping and your arms aren’t crossed!
19. “Calmness is the cradle of power.” ~Josiah Gilbert Holland
It’s easy to lose your patience, and hard work to control it, but oh, the strength in it!
Oh God yes – truer words were never spoken! LOL!
21. “The more tranquil a man (or woman!) becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good.” ~James Allen
22. “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them FEEL.” ~Carol Buchner
I hate being rushed. My husband hates being rushed. And my son hates being rushed. If someone is getting irritated with you when you’re doing the best you can, it feels awful doesn’t it? I don’t want my son to feel that way because of something I say or do… Gotta keep practising that “concealing” thing!
23. “The journey matters as much as the destination.” ~Michelle Dockery
24. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” ~Lily Tomlin
Yup! So true. Sometimes I’m trying to rush my son, then I realize it’s going nowhere except starting to bother him, and I ask myself – why do we need to go so fast? And usually, the reason is not really that important after all. Once we slow down, things always go easier.
And so I leave you with this final quote…I love birds, especially doves, and just thought this little fluffy guy epitomized this quote by Jack Johnson:
Other Parenting Patience Resources
Looking for more ideas for boosting your patience? Check out this great post over at Creative with Kids called 5 Ways to Be More Patience.
Or read these related posts on AHA Parenting from Dr. Laura Markham: How to Stay Calm? and Your 10 Step Plan to Stop Yelling.
Or check out Judy Arnall’s latest book Parenting With Patience: Turn Frustration Into Connection With 3 Easy Steps
Although I haven’t read it yet (it’s on my list!), her first parenting book, Discipline Without Distress, is one of my very favourites (you can read my review of that one here). You can find all my favourite parenting books here.
I hope you enjoyed reading today’s Positive Parenting: An Alphabetic Series post: P is for Patience and were inspired by some of the quotes.
I’d love to hear which one you like the best. Leave me a comment below!
Please Pin Me!
Wishing you all the best in your parenting journey,
Extra Information About patience with child quotes That You May Find Interested
If the information we provide above is not enough, you may find more below here.
25 Inspirational Quotes That Will Boost Your Parenting …
Patience child, patience. Remember, life is a journey. If you…
Great Quotes for Kids about Patience and Self Control
Inspirational Quotes About Having Patience When You're …
121 Best And Inspirational Parenting Quotes Of All Time
Quotes about Patience for parents (23 quotes)
Child, child, have patience and belief, for lif… – Quotes
Mem Fox Quote: “I have very little patience with children.”
Frequently Asked Questions About patience with child quotes
If you have questions that need to be answered about the topic patience with child quotes, then this section may help you solve it.
What is a good quote about patience?
?Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.? ?One minute of patience, ten years of peace.? ?With love and patience, nothing is impossible.? ?Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.?
What are good parent quotes?
New Parenting Quotes
- ?There is no such thing as a perfect parent. …
- ?All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.? ? …
- ?Parents aren’t the people you come from. …
- ?Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.? ? …
- ?No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.? ?
Do your best quote for kids?
Great Quotes for Kids About Hard Work and Doing Your Best
- ?Little by little one walks far? ? Peruvian Proverb.
- ?You should always be well and bright, for so you do your best work; and you have so much beautiful work to do. …
- If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?? ?
What are good children quotes?
Inspirational Quotes For Children
- ?Children are not things to be molded, but are people to be unfolded.? ? …
- ?A child is a beam of sunlight from the Infinite and Eternal, with possibilities of virtue and vice, but as yet unstained.? ? …
- ?Children are our most valuable resource.? ?
What is happy parenting?
While the term ?happy parent? may seem ambiguous and vague, we can probably agree that the idea behind it is actually quite simple. Happy parents are individuals who find joy in most days, if not every day. They know there is a silver lining to every cloud, and happy parents appreciate their role as parents.
What is parent love for a child?
When parents accept, love, and show affection to their children, even when they make mistakes or fall short of expectations, this is love unconditional. In other words, it is a form of love with no strings attached. Therefore, parents love their children for who they are, no matter what.
What is a positive word for child?
What are some positive words for kids? Some of the Positive words for kids are You are gifted, You are special, You are thoughtful, Follow your heart, Effort is more important than winning, Nobody is perfect and that’s absolutely fine, Help yourself and your loved ones always, Let’s try it your way, etc.